[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[debian-devel:04182] Fw: [rms@xxxxxxxxxxx: Hurd packager]
- From: Keita Maehara <email@example.com>
- Subject: [debian-devel:04182] Fw: [rms@xxxxxxxxxxx: Hurd packager]
- Date: Sat, 27 Jun 1998 08:06:28 +0900
- X-dispatcher: imput version 980506
- X-ml-info: If you have a question, send a mail with the body "# help" (without quotes) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
- X-ml-name: debian-devel
- X-mlserver: fml [fml 2.1A#45]; post only from members
- Message-id: <199806262306.IAA16907@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- X-mail-count: 04182
- X-mailer: Mew version 1.93b33 on XEmacs 20.4 (Emerald)
本家でこんな話題が流れていました。rpm に押され気味の deb ですが、これを
--- Begin Message ---
I had some interesting conversations with RMS. He informed me that FSF has
someone working on packaging the HURD. Apparently the fellow would like to
use RH because that is what he is familiar with. RMS told him that he would
prefer a Debian packaging since we are more PC (if only in the software
sense) and therefore more aligned with FSF.
So, this guy needs our help. RMS would appreciate it, even if his terse
messages don't indicate as much. I also think that packaging HURD would
be a nice industry first that RH should not beat us to.
All that aside, this sounds very technically challenging and way out of
my water. The Novare crew will do whatever we can to make this happen
as far as resources go.
So, there it is.
----- Forwarded message from Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxxxxxx> -----
From: Richard Stallman <rms@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Hurd packager
Please ask someone to contact gord@xxxxxxxxxxxx
to help him package a Hurd system Debian-style.
----- End forwarded message -----
Ean Schuessler Freak
Novare International Inc. Freak Central
*** WARNING: This signature may contain jokes.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
--- End Message ---
Keita Maehara <email@example.com>
PGP Key fingerprint = 82 37 2F 1E 06 ED C4 37 1E E2 C2 96 22 B8 B3 F1