[debian-devel:09672] Re: ITP: xcalendar-ja

Hi.

In article <87hfo2silf.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Taketoshi Sano <xlj06203@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > xcalendar-ja is a modified version of xcalendar (MIT/X11 contrib program)
> > with Japanese enhancement (or I18N capability).
> >
> > It was one of JP Packages for Debian.
>
> I tried it.
>
> But xcalendar-ja is never a Japanese-only diversion of xcalendar,
> except the Japanese X resource.  It's a well-written internationalized
> (in a sense of X Window) patch for xcalendar.  Works very well in my
> Korean X environment!  :)
>
> So I think it shouldn't be named as *-ja...  And this patch could be
> merged into the upstream in the future.

I see. Then I change the package name from -ja to -i18n.

# I send the mail to the upstream author, but have not got any
# response now,,, and I can not make assure the license of JP patch yet.

> Anyway if you want, I can send the Korean xcalendar resource file so
> that it could be included in the package.

Oh, yes. Please send it to me. I will add it to the package.

> PS. xpostit-ja in Debian-JP is also an excellent i18n version!

Thank you :) This mail may give the motivation to contribute for
the maintainer of that package.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx>