From: adam@xxxxxxxxxxx (Adam Di Carlo)
Subject: Re: proposal for managing man pages in CVS
Date: 14 Sep 1999 08:44:18 +0900

NABETANI Hidenobu <nabetani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I propose that Debian-specific man pages should be managed in CVS,
> which has the following good feature:
>
>   * Of course, many good feature of CVS.
>   * The package maintainers can easily get the translated man pages
>     for their packages.
>
> I have already translated some Debian-specific man pages to Japanese.
> To maintain them up-to-date and easily commit them to the maintainer,
> they should be managed in CVS, I think.
>
> Any suggestion?

We have no authority to dictate to maintainers how they should go
about managing their own sources.  I can only say that we freely offer
use of cvs.debian.org for any debian project -- I think this helps
translators of the developers-reference, boot-floppies, and other
various DDP documentations.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>