[debian-devel:10489] Re: man-db locale support

Hi. Thank you for your quick improvement :)

In <19990929203801.G8737@none>,
 at Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:38:02 +0300,
  on Subject: Re: man-db locale support,
   Fabrizio Polacco <fab@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 11:00:38AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> >
> > But if one set LANG environment to ja_JP.ujis, this man-db does not
> > search man/ja/ tree. So LANG=ja is required.
> >
> > I have found that following change is done between 2.3.10-69i
> > and 2.3.10-69j:
> >
> > Why did you comment out these lines ? Many users who use Japanese
> > may set their LANG environment to ja_JP.ujis.
>
> See bug#39281

I see. Maybe ypwong is right, since FHS 2.0 shows 3 types of ja_JP.xxx
and no "ja" as examples for directory tree of manpage. But now it is
convenient custom to use "ja" for both of ujis_JP and jis_JP coded pages,,,

> I think we need to define a policy.
> Some people wants to use only the language code, other seems to need the
> full range of options.
> Sometimes it depends on the local HOWTO author, and on his preferences
> :-)

Sure.

> Anyway, I've just uploaded -69k with a change in the search of the directory.
> Now it should find manpages in ja even with LANG=ja_JP.ujis .
>
> Let me know.

Thanks! I'll check it, and will mail you to report it's success :)

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx>