[debian-devel:11135] Re: sgml-tools: severity change

Sorry, my english and communication skill is under development yet.

In <87bt7u6b3b.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
 at Date: 13 Dec 1999 17:48:24 +0100,
  on Subject: Re: sgml-tools: severity change,
   Sven Rudolph <sr1@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

sr1> Taketoshi Sano <xlj06203@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
sr1>
sr1> > I have made my NMU-candidate sgml-tools packge, and sent it
sr1> > to http://www.debian.org/~sano/
sr1> >
sr1> > The maintainer, Sven Rudolph, gave me reply (as a response to
sr1> > another mail, which was my comment on another RC bug about sgml-tools),
sr1> > so I will not upload this "candidate" package as NMU so soon,
sr1>
sr1> Looks like some miscommunication: Please release the version as NMU.

Thank you. I can understand this clearly :)

sr1> If you have enough time and skills (I have neither right now) you can
sr1> take over maintainership of this package.
sr1>
sr1> (Just because I'm alive doesn't mean I have time for this.)

OK, then I take over this sgml-tools package, because I (and other
members in JF project) do need this package and we use it very often
currently. We (JF project) are now planning to move toward docbook dtd,
but the existing LDP documents are almost all in LinuxDoc DTD, and
since we (JF member) are not the original author for them, we can not
change this. (maybe we can feed back the docbook converted documents
to authors, but we have not enough people to do so...)

Again, Sorry for my misunderstanding of your words.

# I took your "In case you want to take ..." means
# "I will upload it, so you don't have to".
# I found it is totally wrong. excuse me.

and Thank you for having created and maintained this package and
give me a chance of using it.

I will work to close some more bugs in newer pacakge 1.0.9-2 of
sgml-tools, as my package.

# I add debian-qa, JF-ml, and devel@JP as Cc:, because they may
# have interested in this topic.

--