[debian-devel:12742] Re: Splitting up task-japanese (again)

From: Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Jul 2000 11:56:24 +0900
> > > (IMHO, task-japanese should be splited in some way, maybe input-method,
> > >  but this is another issue.)
> >
> > Indeed. Actually I'm about to splitting it to "task-japanese-minimum"
> > or something that every Japanese users would want to install and other
> > (not so many) "task-japanese-*" packages.
>
> > I've once posted about that before, but no one has replied. However,
> > so many users still complain about it without any *real* idea :(.
> >
> > Any comments?
>
> I agree with the idea of having some fine-tuned/classified subgroup
> of task-japanese-* packages, in addition with the main big task-japanese
> package  (main package can depends the combination of subgroups).

I agree, too.
Because the current task-japanese becomes some quite larger,
splitting into subgroups makes more convenient and
brings fine-grained package-installing.
It seems that suggesting packages you wrote are very
pragmatic and useful.

> I proposed that adding task-japanese-ghostscript with
>
>   Depends: gs, vflib2, watanabe-vfont, asiya24-vfont
>
> so that those required fonts packages can be installed by apt-get.

It may require.

> Do you think that what packages task-japanese-minimum should have ?
>
> For glibc2.1, locale-ja must be included in it (Hopefully glibc2.2
> will not require it anymore, I pray). Are jless/lv also thought to
> be members of task-japanese-minimum ? kcc/nkf ?
>
> kon2 / jfbterm may be members of task-japanese-console, I suppose.
> Here are some package planning I will propose. How do you feel ?
>
>  - task-japanese-essential:
> locale-ja (>= 13),
> jless|lv,
> kcc|nkf,
> kon2|jfbterm,

jless, lv, kcc, nkf are very useful, so they're installed
in same time, IMHO.
I propose adding ja-trans to this package, because it
provides Japanese message catalogs that are shortage
in some original packages.

kon2 depends on konfont, so it should be included.
jfbterm depends on xfonts-base, recommends to xfonts-cjk, xfonts-75dpi.
So I think it's more better that the task-janapese-console
is made and it includes kon2/jfbterm related packages.

- task-japanese-console
kon2,
jfbterm,

>  - task-japanese-x:
> kterm,
> rxvt-ml,
> xfonts-a12k12,
> xfonts-cjk,
> xfonts-intl-japanese,
> xfonts-intl-japanese-big,

How do you think adding xfonts-kaname, xfonts-marumoji ?

>  - task-japanese-documents:
> task-japanese-essentails,
> doc-linux-ja,
> manpages-ja,
> xmanpages-ja
>
>  - task-japanese-canna
> task-japanese-essentails,
> canna,
> canna-utils,
> kinput2-canna-wnn,
> jvim-canna,
> jvim-doc,
> nvi-m17n-canna,
> xjed-canna,
> emacs20-dl,
> emacs-dl-canna,
> xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn,
>
>  - task-japanese-wnn
> task-japanese-essentails,
> task-japanese-x,
> freewnn-jserver,
> kinput2-canna-wnn,
> emacs20-dl,
> emacs-dl-wnn,
> xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn,
>
>  - task-japanese-skk
> task-japanese-essentails,
> task-japanese-x,
> skk,
> dbskkd-cdb|skkserv,
> skkinput,
> emacs20|emacs20-dl,
> xemacs21-mule|xemacs21-mule-canna-wnn,
>
>  - task-japanese-misc
> ja-trans,
> file-kanji,
> dedit,
> t-code,
> user-ja,
> tcsh-kanji,

task-japanese-misc requires including task-japanese-essentials.
It's nice that ja-trans moves into task-japanese-essentials, IMHO.
dedit should be moved into task-japanese-x, because it needs X.

>  - task-japanese
> task-japanese-essentails,
> task-japanese-x,
> task-japanese-documents,
> task-japanese-canna|task-japanese-wnn|task-japanese-skk,
> task-japanese-misc,

I propose newly (is it meaningful?):

- task-japanese-jtex
xdvik-ja,