[debian-devel:14197] Re: termwrap (Re: boot floppies i18n)

佐野@浜松です。

返事が個人宛だったみたいなので、転送しておきます。

誰か手伝ってあげられる人はいませんか ?

In <20010514190829.A1141@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
 on "Mon, 14 May 2001 19:08:30 +0200",
 with "Re: termwrap (Re: boot floppies i18n)",
  Santiago Garcia Mantinan <manty@debian.org> さん wrote:

manty> > Hi, Thank you for your mail.
manty>
manty> You're welcome
manty>
manty> > Well, I think termwrap or something similar will be needed for woody.
manty>
manty> ok
manty>
manty> > May be it should add support for bogl-bterm, for some languages.
manty>
manty> Well, what needs to be added is another thing, we can do it in the near
manty> future, no need to do it right now.
manty>
manty> > But woody main system (not the rescue-miniroot) uses various encodings
manty> > other than utf8, so users will need it for their languages.
manty>
manty> Yes, I know.
manty>
manty> >  (At least, for Japanese, console messages without termwrap
manty> >   will be disastrous.)
manty>
manty> I can imagine it.
manty>
manty> > It would be simple just to make a package of it, and then, include it
manty> > into base system which will be generated by debootstrap.
manty>
manty> Well, that's one of the posibilities, maybe the best one, even though I
manty> didn't like it much because of adding a package for such a small program,
manty> but is the way that is being sugested by everyone.
manty>
manty> > That termwrap is just a shell script with 84 lines.  So it won't be
manty> > much difficult to make a package of it.
manty>
manty> Yes, but it is better if somebody that needs utf8 or some of those codings
manty> packages it than if I do :-)
manty>
manty> Do you know of anybody that want's to package it?
manty>
manty> > I'll cc this mail to the devel ml on the Debian JP Project, hoping
manty> > that someone can stand up.
manty>
manty> For packaging it? that would be great.
manty>
manty> > You're welcome.  And thanks for working on i18n.
manty>
manty> I speak galician and spanish as mother tongues, I also speak a little
manty> french, so I'd like to see debian get the most languages that we can ;-)
manty>
manty> Unfortunately the effor that is being put into i18n lately is not much :-(
manty>
manty> I'd like to see more people into this, and also someone with enough
manty> knowledge directing this effort.
manty>
manty> Regards...
manty> --