[debian-devel:15238] security for old-stable

Hi,

I am concerned about security on old-stable release.

Woody was released recently but users may continue to use Potato
for a while (several weeks or several months).  I heard several
Debian users are worried about when dsa-136 for Potato will be
available.

Until when security updates will be available for Potato (or,
generally, old-stable release) after the release of Woody (or,
generally, new stable release) ?  In other words, within what
period users are recommended to upgrade to Woody (or new stable
release, in general) ?

Are there any official statements on supply of security updates
for old-stable release?  (If there were any, I think it should
be noted on www.debian.org/security/faq page.)

Sorry if this question is already answered.  I could not find
it in mailing list archive nor web page.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/intro-i18n/