Re: new developer's corner

Hi.

# I cc:ed this mail to doc & www list in JP and the translator of
# policy manual for Japanese version.

In article <oaso4g8v1o.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 adam@xxxxxxxxxxx (Adam Di Carlo) writes:

> "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:
>
> > We can remove the link to the Japanese version of the policy manual
> > as it can be (is?) linked from the Japanese version of the page.
> > Of course, the policy manual should be available in multiple langs
> > using content negotiation alongside the english version (I haven't
> > checked, maybe it is). The debian-doc group could use some help
> > along these lines.
>
> Yes... I agree.  I wonder if the Debian Policy l10n'd versions are in
> CVS along with Policy itself?  Hmm...  I'll check that out.

I don't know wheter it is maintained in CVS of Debian, but maybe
the translator (kamop@debian.org) can do it.

And I agree with the idea having policy manual be available in various
languages using content negotiation. And I also feel if the translations
for developers-reference, maint-guide, packaging-manual are available,
it would be better. Some members of doc team in JP now do the translations
of them.

Maybe distrib/books is another candidate for multi-version using content
negotiation.

Thanks.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx>