[debian-devel:10969] Re: ITP: xfs-xtt

On Wed, Nov 17, 1999 at 02:34:42PM +0100, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> I wonder how xfs-xtt compares to the existing xfstt package. Is there a
> reason that it does not conflict with xfstt ? xfstt seems to run alongside
> with xfs, while xfs-xtt replaces xfs. Any advantages/disadvantages of the
> one or the other method ?

I do not know enough about xfs-xtt to comment on it. In fact...this is the
first I have known of its existance.

> If we really have both packages in the archive, it would be nice if they
> could point out their pros and cons compared to the competing package in
> their README.Debian's.

I supose it would be. The main difference I see is that xfs-xtt is probably
a complete x font server AND truetype font server...which means it can
serve normal X fonts and render truetypes and serve them up.

xfstt ONLY does the second part of that. Thus xfstt is not an xfs replacement.

Reminds me... I need to release xfstt 1.1 since 1.0 had some um...stupid bugs.
(oops....oh well...ive broken worst :) )

-Steve
--
/* -- Stephen Carpenter <sjc@xxxxxxxxxx> --- <sjc@debian.org>------------ */
Concept, n.: