[debian-devel:02399] Re: rxvt copyright

From: Kikutani Makoto <kikutani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [debian-devel:02396] rxvt copyright
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 97 18:21:57 +0900

> きくたにです。
> rxvtをパッケージ化しようかと思ったのですが、
>
> rxvt is Copyright 1992 John Bovey, University of Kent at Canterbury.
>
>  You can do what you like with this source code as long as
>  you don't try to make money out of it and you include an
>  unaltered copy of this message (including the copyright).
> (以下略)
>
> これってnon-freeですかね?

本家の方でも問題になってました、結局 Bovey さんと連絡をとって以下のよ
うに Copyright を変えてもらったようです。

] Copyright 1997 John Bovey, University of Kent at Canterbury.
]
] Redistribution and use in source code and/or executable forms, with or
] without modification, are permitted provided that the following condition
] is met:
]
] Any redistribution must retain the above copyright notice, this condition
] and the following disclaimer, either as part of the program source code
] included in the redistribution or in human-readable materials provided
] with the redistribution.
]
] THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS".  Any express or implied warranties
] concerning this software are disclaimed by the copyright holder to
] the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.  In no event shall the
] copyright-holder be liable for any damages of any kind, however caused
] and on any theory of liability, arising in any way out of the use of,
] or inability to use, this software.
]
]
]
] In other words, do not misrepresent my work as your own work, and do
] not sue me if it causes problems.  Feel free to do anything else you
] wish with it!

// 日本インターシステムズ(株) 共通システム部 八田修三
// hattas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx / hattas@debian.or.jp / hattas@xxxxxxxxxx
// PGP fingerprint = A6 2A 8A C7 5C C3 86 EF  29 0C 50 1C 0B C5 61 E4