[debian-devel:10505] Re: ITP: actx

武藤@Debianぷろじぇくとです。

ITP actxしたのですが、いくつか突込みがきてます。

小島(と)さんにご相談したいところが多いです。

Fri, 1 Oct 1999 21:47:04 -0400, Re: ITP: actx wrote about Branden Robinson <branden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (<19991001214704.A27807@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>):
branden> On Fri, Oct 01, 1999 at 07:16:37PM +0900, Kenshi Muto wrote:
branden> >  Package: actx
branden> >  Version: 0.98pre8-2
branden>
branden> You do realize that dpkg treats "0.98" as less than "0.98pre8", don't you?

これはどうします?

branden> >  Section: x11
branden>
branden> This should probably go in "games" or maybe "graphics" depending on what a
branden> "window sitter" is.

これはgamesのほうが抵抗なさそうです。ほかにももう1通gamesだべ、という突
込みがきてます。

branden> >  Description: A Window Sitter Program on X
branden> >   ActX is a window sitter program to make your life with X rich and
branden> > fruitful. It supports a helpful pop-up menu to modify configuration of
branden> > animation and more. Originally inspired with XAyanami, another window
branden> > sitter.
branden>
branden> The second, third, and fourth lines of the extended description should be
branden> indented one space.

これはメールを送るときにauto-fillingしちまっただけ :-)

branden> Also, the description doesn't actually tell me much.
branden>
branden> What is a "window sitter"?  A baby sitter for windows?  I do not understand.
branden>
branden> "to make your life with X rich and fruitful" either sounds like a joke or
branden> very bad advertising.  If it is the latter it has no place in the package
branden> description, which needs to be informative.
branden>
branden> Instead of that second sentence, I would say "Animation and other
branden> configuration is done with a pop-up menu."
branden>
branden> "Originally inspired with" should probably be "Originally inspired by".
branden>
branden> But the most important thing is to tell the user what a "window sitter" is.
branden> I think I'm up on my jargon, but I don't know what you're talking about
branden> here.

この辺、descriptionの書き換えあるいは反論が必要になってきます。

P.S.
jnethackのITPに対する反応は予想どおり :-)