[debian-devel:12195] Re: i18n'd boot-floppies ?

Taketoshi Sano <kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We, Debian JP, has built our own local rescue disk for bo, hamm, and slink.
> For potato, we have no plan to 'release' such beast currently, but some
> members keep doing the work for preparation and testing in order to build
> such floppies, based on current cvs version of official Debian b-f code.
>
> At least, I expect that one of our JP members (and one of long waiting
> Debian applicants -- he sent his first application about 2 years ago --)
> Hatta Shuzo <hattas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, works on this task.

I have CC'd this party.  I am certainly willing to give i18n folks the
capability to write to the boot-floppies CVS area.   I can give out
accounts for this (not shell account), maintainer or not.

Someone needs to work out how we are handling this.  I think we should
have a i18n flavor for i386 at least, pick one of the kernels (idepci
or compact) for this purpose, and make it enable the language chooser.

I don't know if we need a different Japanese flavor specifically. It
would be a shame if so, but hey, if someone can do the work, it would
be great to have this support part of the "mainstream" boot-floppies.

Remember, we can continue to do "point releases" of Potato
boot-floppies even after Potato is released.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<URL:http://www.onShore.com/>