[debian-devel:13887] Re: some v6 packages

Hi.

I'm not on this (debian-ipv6) list.
Just sending the translated message from one of Debian ipv6 users.

 Hiroyuki YAMAMORI <h-yamamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
 debian-devel@debian.or.jp:

 | In <86y9u97hao.wl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 |   on Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:41:33 +0900,
 |     on [debian-devel:13884] Re: some v6 packages,
 |
 | > At Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:58:54 +0100,
 | > Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 | > >
 | > > Hi all,
 | > > 	I would like to understand why many people, that are doing ipv6 pkgs
 | > > for debian, have to put them
 | > > in their own home directory... why don't ask for an official directory
 | > > on ftp.debian.org where to put all
 | > > the ipv6 stuff???? In this way it will also much more easy to access
 | > > them trough various mirrors around the
 | > > world... not everyone is lucky to have all those site close to the isp
 | > > (me included)...
 | > > It will be much more easy for everyone to keep track of the pkgs and
 | > > test them....

(translated by me, since Yamamori sent this message in Japanese)

 | I also hope that more and more official Debian packages can
 | support ipv6, but I have some difficulties in discussion with
 | english (I'm native Japanese), as well as I'm afraid that
 | there aren't enough official maintainers who can work on ipv6
 | support for their own packages.
 | Are there anyone who can grasp the modification in my customized
 | package source and make it into the pacth for BTS report ?
 | I'm glad if my work will be used for improvement on ipv6 support
 | of official Debian packages.
 | Please don't take me wrong. I'm not a hacker, just a user of Debian.
 | I publish my un-official packages since this is what I can do now.

 | Hiroyuki YAMAMORI <h-yamamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 | GnuPG FP: D9D2 F04D DD2D 720E E564  D1EC 4617 22C1 B881 226E
 |  http://www14.u-page.so-net.ne.jp/db3/h-yamamo/

If you comment on this, please add cc to debian-devel@debian.or.jp.

Regards.
--