[debian-devel:13888] Re: some v6 packages

Hi,
   please read my comment below....

Taketoshi Sano wrote:
First of all thanks for the translation since i'm still having problems
reading japanise :))

> Hi.
>
> I'm not on this (debian-ipv6) list.
> Just sending the translated message from one of Debian ipv6 users.
>
>  Hiroyuki YAMAMORI <h-yamamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on
>  debian-devel@debian.or.jp:
>
>  | In <86y9u97hao.wl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  |   on Wed, 14 Mar 2001 01:41:33 +0900,
>  |     on [debian-devel:13884] Re: some v6 packages,
>  | > At Mon, 12 Mar 2001 09:58:54 +0100,
>  | > Fabio Massimo Di Nitto <fabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  | > >
[SNIP]

> (translated by me, since Yamamori sent this message in Japanese)
>
>  | I also hope that more and more official Debian packages can
>  | support ipv6, but I have some difficulties in discussion with
>  | english (I'm native Japanese), as well as I'm afraid that
>  | there aren't enough official maintainers who can work on ipv6
>  | support for their own packages.

Well i agree but i hounestly think that if we can start atleast having a
central repository (not necessary ftp.debian.org) where collect the work
of many people.

1) this "action" will make all the ipv6 stuff more close to the official
distro
2) all the end user will not need 1000 apt-get source lines but only one
more
3) IPv6 technology is still "young" so anyway it will take its time to
become known to everyone.

>  | Are there anyone who can grasp the modification in my customized
>  | package source and make it into the pacth for BTS report ?
>  | I'm glad if my work will be used for improvement on ipv6 support
>  | of official Debian packages.
>  | Please don't take me wrong. I'm not a hacker, just a user of Debian.
>  | I publish my un-official packages since this is what I can do now.

Yes I understand but as i already wrote it might be a good idea first to
try
to merge the work of many people on the same number of packages in order
to increase quality and speed of the developing process.
I was looking around some sites and i found the same package made in
different
way by different people. That's no good. It's only a waste of resources.
And then it's quite complicate to keep track of the packages because of
a missing
central repository, much more worst problem, since end user get tired to
keep
track of everything and this preclude the possibility to have ALL the
packages
tested by many people instead of few brave user that like to get crazy
searching for
few stuff.

This is only my point of view. I don't want to generate a "war" between
mailing lists
or developers...

Fabio