[debian-devel:14530] Re: Description Translation in Japanese

Hi.

In <87u1z1myko.wl@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
 on "Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:39:35 +0900",
 with "Re: Description Translation in Japanese",
  Ippei Tamura <ippei1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, I know it and I have translated some descriptions in the
> project.  But the project almost completely stops now, because
>
> 1. JP's project is based on Slink and not be dist-upgraded ;-<.
> 2. It is not aptable and nobody in Debian-JP can spend their
>    time to do it now.

sorry for that, but Tamura is right.  Works for Description-JA
project has been ceased for months (or years ?) since none of
members can take the initiative and can lead the project.

Maybe some of the results of it can be used for the work on
future release (woody/and the later) I hope.

> For Debian community all over the world,  I believe it is much better
> to integrate all language's translation into your ddts project than
> working in each nation's community individually.
>
> So, I would like you to re-think about including Japanese into
> ddts project so that I can move our translations to it.

Please do so as Tamura wrote, if you can, Michael.
I think it is better for the whole world of Debian, too.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx>