[debian-devel:14531] Re: Description Translation in Japanese

On Fri, Aug 24, 2001 at 10:23:11AM +0900, Taketoshi Sano wrote:
> In <87u1z1myko.wl@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  on "Tue, 21 Aug 2001 20:39:35 +0900",
>  with "Re: Description Translation in Japanese",
>   Ippei Tamura <ippei1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Yes, I know it and I have translated some descriptions in the
> > project.  But the project almost completely stops now, because
> >
> > 1. JP's project is based on Slink and not be dist-upgraded ;-<.
> > 2. It is not aptable and nobody in Debian-JP can spend their
> >    time to do it now.
>
> sorry for that, but Tamura is right.  Works for Description-JA
> project has been ceased for months (or years ?) since none of
> members can take the initiative and can lead the project.
>
> Maybe some of the results of it can be used for the work on
> future release (woody/and the later) I hope.

yes, we can use some of the translations.

> > For Debian community all over the world,  I believe it is much better
> > to integrate all language's translation into your ddts project than
> > working in each nation's community individually.
> >
> > So, I would like you to re-think about including Japanese into
> > ddts project so that I can move our translations to it.
>
> Please do so as Tamura wrote, if you can, Michael.
> I think it is better for the whole world of Debian, too.

We have include Japanese alread to the ddtj and the ddts support it
now.

The status say:
Stats from new db:
Descriptions:                6956
Translated Descriptions:      248
Packages send:                  3
Translated parts:            2042
Translated pparts:           2658
Translators:                    3

You see, 248 translation are already translated (this are all from the old
project), we have a lot of parts from the old project.

If you will help, please help and translated some description. This is
all a lot of work and jp need more translators!

You must only send a mail to
	grisu-td@auric.debian.org
with the subject
	GET 1 jp
and you will get a guide and an untranslated description. Translated
the description and send it back.

Thanks.

Gruss
Grisu
 Win0.98 supports real multitasking - it can boot and crash simultaneously.