[debian-devel:16400] Debconf in Japan team progress report -- only started

Hi,

I'm now looking at Hokkaido (the very north island of Japan), and
discussed with a contact, and I'm planning on a visit to Hokkaido on
July; where we would be holding one of the monthly Debian meetings.

We have a very good hosting offer, where the city of Sapporo may have
facilities they could lend us for holding a conference. I'm planning
on getting hold of what-used-to-be-a-school-building, and getting
futon rentals so that people could sleep.  Food and logistics sound
like the hardest part to solve right now, and I'm planning on tackling
that problem after I've had a good look at the venues and the realism.

I'm evaluating possibilities of doing Debconf in Hokkaido (the very
north end of Japan), Okinawa (the very south end of Japan), Nagano
(the very middle, where the winter olympics were held), and Tokyo (the
central city, where everything is more expensive).

http://wiki.debian.org/DebConfInJapan

regards,
	junichi
--