[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- From: Kenshi Muto <kmuto@xxxxxxxx>
- Subject: d-iマニュアル翻訳についての問い合わせ
- Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 00:19:48 +0900
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?body=help>
- List-id: debian-doc.debian.or.jp
- List-owner: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-software: fml [fml 4.0.3 release (20011202/4.0.3)]
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com?body=unsubscribe>
- X-ml-info: If you have a question, send e-mail with the body "help" (without quotes) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org; help=<mailto:email@example.com?body=help>
- X-ml-name: debian-doc
- X-mlserver: fml [fml 4.0.3 release (20011202/4.0.3)]; post only (only members can post)
- X-original-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- X-spam-level: **
- X-spam-status: No, hits=2.4 required=10.0 tests=ISO2022JP_BODY,ISO2022JP_CHARSET,RCVD_IN_ORBS, RCVD_IN_OSIRUSOFT_COM,SIGNATURE_SHORT_DENSE, SPAM_PHRASE_01_02,USER_AGENT,X_OSIRU_OPEN_RELAY version=2.44
- X-virus-scanned: by amavisd-new-20030616-p7 (Debian) at topstudio.co.jp
- Message-id: <20050113151946.C98CA223176@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- X-mail-count: 04374
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.11.30 (Wonderwall) SEMI/1.14.6 (Maruoka) FLIM/1.14.6 (Marutamachi) APEL/10.6 MULE XEmacs/21.4 (patch 16) (Corporate Culture) (i386-debian-linux)
ですが、d-iマニュアルを統括しているFrans Popから「Using po files for
- Sarge branch in SVN repository
- D-I repository moved from Alioth to Costa
- New Chinese and Tagalog translations
- Translations that need update (!!)
- Recent and planned changes
- Manual also available in PDF and text format
- Publication of the manual on the official Debian website
- Using po files for translation
Sarge branch in SVN repository
Joey Hess has created a 'Sarge' branch for Debian Installer ( and ).
This also includes the manual. After a short discussion on debian-boot,
it's been decided to continue writing and translation for the manual in
As the manual that is included on CD's and the official website will be
built from the Sarge branch, I periodically copy all changes in trunk to
the Sarge branch. To make this possible we will postpone adding
documentation for post-Sarge developments (like localechooser) in d-i.
This means that writers and translators can keep working in trunk and
don't have to worry about the Sarge branch.
The development version of the manual on  is built from trunk.
The SVN repository for d-i has been moved from Alioth to Costa .
Instructions on how to switch your checkout are in .
The repository can now be browsed using WebSVN from .
A new translation for Tagalog has been started recently.
Googling recently unexpectedly turned up a fully translated simplified
Chinese translation of the manual .
Translations that need update
Japanese: 32 out of date; 2 missing
Spanish: 35 out of date; 2 missing
Catalan: 36 out of date; 2 missing
Italian: 72 out of date; 2 missing
Portuguese: 74 out of date; 2 missing
Basque: 85 out of date; 2 missing; 2 with missing/wrong revision comments
German, French, Japanese and Dutch are completely up-to-date.
Czech only misses the most recent changes.
Please try to keep your translations up-to-date. This is especially
important for Portuguese and Spanish as these will be included on the
Sarge CD's. The final build of d-i for Sarge still has to happen!
For incomplete languages: please also keep untranslated documents
up-to-date (the cp-untranslated script can help).
- Updates for Alfa and Sparc architectures
- Improved readability of preseeding example (long lines have been split)
- Improved documentation on resizing partitions
- Collin Watson has restructured the sections on booting from USB sticks
and added a information on this subject for powerpc.
This has added 2 documents.
- Frans Pop has done a revision of how <informalexamples> were being used
and formatted. This has changed a lot of documents, but got rid of some
unwanted whitespace in the output and improved consistency.
- Major change of some entities used in the manual .
This has been discussed on debian-boot to allow translation of entities
 and to better support changing the names of the distribution and
releases for derived distributions.
This change will mean a lot of small updates in most documents. The
current entities will remain supported to allow a gradual transition.
- There is still the planned major revision of chapter 2.
Manual also available in PDF and text format
We have recently switched to what was called the 'new generation' build
scripts. This means we are now also able to generate PDF, PS and text
versions of the manual.
Nikolai Prokoschenko is working on a further change that will also allow
generation of a PDF version for Japanese and improve the Russian version.
This should also be of interest for the Chinese translation and should
allow future translations in other character sets (like Greek) to be
supported. More information will follow.
Publication of the manual on the official Debian website
There have been some discussions  with people from debian-www about
publication of the manual on the official website (linked from the Sarge
release page ). It looks like most things have been worked out and
hopefully publication will happen soon.
Special thanks to Frank Lichtenheld.
The version of the manual that is published on the official website will
be updated periodically and new languages can be added there.
Using po files for translation
The Russian translation is currently using po files for their translation
of the manual. Scripts have been developed to create pot files, convert
existing translations to po files and generate xml files from the po
files (see the scripts directory in SVN).
What still needs to be done is to integrate these scripts into the build
system and to create a web page with translation statistics.
It also has to be decided how to save the po files in the repository and
if the translated xml files can then be removed.
A requirement for switching to po files is that the translation has to be
up-to-date (not necessarily complete) and that the structure of the
translation has to be identical to the English version (there can be no
extra paragraphs for instance).
Please let me know if you are interested in using po files for your
translation. If there is a lot of interest, we can maybe give this a bit
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/11/msg01344.html (branch)
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/11/msg00832.html (branch)
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/12/msg01153.html (repo move)
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/12/msg00973.html (ents)
 http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/12/msg00605.html (www)
武藤 健志＠ kmuto @ kmuto.jp
Debian/JPプロジェクト (email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org)
URI: http://kmuto.jp/ (Debianな話題など)