[debian-users:12107] Re: where is /etc/X11/Xresources go?

リプライありがとうごいます。

From: ISHIKAWA Mutsumi <ishikawa@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [debian-users:12096] Re: where is /etc/X11/Xresources go?
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 18:56:11 +0900

ishikawa>  とりあえず、/usr/doc/xbase/README.Debian を読みましょう。
とりあえず、/usr/doc/xbase/README.debian.gzの内容を読んだのですが、
むつみさんのと同じ内容なんでしょうか?

This is the Debian pre-packaged version of XFree86 modified to use
TrueType fonts. It is upper compatible to the standard XFree86
distribution, with some changes:

  * TrueType font access facility(written by X-TT project) is added. It
    makes use of FreeType library. Please read documents at
    /usr/doc/X-TT

  * Vector font access facility(writen by X-VFlib) is added too. It
    makes use of VFlib2. Please read documents at /usr/doc/X-TT

  * alpha implementation for NeoMagic chips support driver(written by
    js@xxxxxxxxxx) is added

  * Build X servers for Linux/PC-98x1

  * Build both Shared and Static library as possible as we can.

  * XF{86,98}Setup build with tcltk-ja, so we can use Japanese Message
    Mode of XF{86,98}Setup

  * all of the configuration files are kept in /etc/X11 rather than
    /usr/X11R6/lib/X11

  * the X server to be used by default is not selected by changing a symlink.
    Instead a small wrapper program (/usr/X11R6/bin/X) reads a configuration
    file (/etc/X11/Xserver) to find out which server to run and who is
    allowed to run it

  * various security problems have been fixed

  * the default scripts read configuration information from /etc/X11/config;
    see below for more details

  * the default scripts run the first valid window manager in the file
    /etc/X11/window-managers; window manager packages are expected to offer
    the user the opportunity to make that window manager the default. This
    file is ignored if users create their own .xsession files.

/etc/X11/Xserver has two important lines.  The first line indicates
which X server to run.  The second line consists of one of the
following words: RootOnly, Console, Anybody.

RootOnly  means that only root is allowed to run the X server.
Console   means that anybody who is logged in on the console is allowed to
          run the X server.
Anybody   means that anybody is allowed to run the X server.

Other X confguration options are in the file /etc/X11/config. This file
consists of a list of options. Comments begin with a # symbol. If an
option is present with a no- prefix, you should not be prompted about it
by configuration scripts. If an option is not present at all then you
may be prompted to supply a value for it when you run the configuration
scripts in the future.

The currently defined options are:

* start-xdm

If this is present then xdm (the display manager) will be started at
boot time.

* start-xfs

If this is present then xfs (the font server) will be started at boot
time.

* run-xconsole

Start xconsole on the local X server before login

* obey-nologin

If the file /etc/nologin exists, nobody will be allowed to start an
X session. Instead, the contents of this file will be displayed using
xmessage.

* allow-user-resources

If users have a file called .Xresources in their home directory, these
resources will be merged with the default resources when they log in.

* allow-user-modmap

If users have a file called .Xmodmap in their home directory, these
key bindings will be merged with the default ones when they log in.

* allow-user-xsession

If users have an executable file called .xsession in their home
directory, the file will be executed instead of the default actions at
the end of /etc/X11/Xsession.

* use-sessreg

If this option is present then sessreg will be invoked to register X
sessions in utmp and wtmp. This doesn't seem to work properly at the
moment; the problem is under investigation.

* xdm-start-server

If this option is present then the xbase-configure program will consider
makeing xdm start an X server; it will only do this if the server is
present and is correctly configured.

Please note that this distribution expects you to leave app-defaults
files unchanged. If you want to customise X applications globally, put
your customisations in /etc/X11/Xresources.

/usr/doc/xbase-client/README.Debianを読んでみました。そうすると
The /etc/X11/Xresources/xbase-clients file contains X resources to be
loaded for any of the X clients provided by xbase-clients.
と書かれているので、このことでしょうか?

rootになって、find / -name "*-old*"で探してみたのですが
Xresources.xbase-oldは発見できませんでした。上の文章でも
バックアップの件が書いてないような気がするし。

Ernalda:/usr/doc# dpkg -l xbase*
要望=(U)不明/(I)インストール/(R)削除/(P)完全削除
| 状態=(N)無/(I)インストール済/(C)設定/(U)展開/(F)設定失敗/(H)半インストール
|/ エラー=(空欄)無/(H)維持/(R)要再インストール/X=両方(状態,エラーの大文字=異常)
||/ 名前            バージョン     説明
ii  xbase           3.3.2.f-18.3   local clients and configuration required by
ii  xbase-clients   3.3.2.3a-8     basic X clients

yabuki yukiharu (矢吹幸治)                      I use Debian GNU/Linux
Email: yabuki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
PGP Key fingerprint = 27 96 DD BA FC FF BE 19  E5 60 2F 43 73 85 74 84
[debian-users:11194]で呼びかけたemacs-commonのテスタ募集