[debian-users:18156] [Debian Weekly News] Debian JP News 1999/9/27 - 1999/10/3

芳尾です。

Debian Weekly News への Contribute 原稿です。以下のようなものを
Debian.org の Joey Hess に送りました。

HTML版は以下にあります。
http://www2.osk.3web.ne.jp/~shishamo/debian/trans/djwn/wn100299.html

BUGや要望などございましたらなんなりと芳尾まで。
よろしくお願いします。

------ from here ---------

                     Debian JP Weekly 9/27/99 - 10/3/1999

   This is the recent news [9/27/1999 - 10/3/1999] from Debian JP
   project. Project. The prefix below such as debian-users, debian-devel,
   debian-doc and jp-policy indicates the ML on the debian.or.jp
   respectively.
     * [1]JP Merge Operation (continued)
     * [2]Other Discussion on the ML at Debian.or.jp
     * [3]Debian JP References

   JP Merge Operation (continued)

   It is quite difficult to distinguish 'Just gettextized' ja forked
   packages from those forked at very upstream. Jnethack, the
   representative of the latter, is an another tree from the upstream
   like XEmacs for Emacs. We are still discussing how to treat this
   matter. The freeze timing is closing at hand and the upstream merge is
   ideal way to contribute to the free software world. Taketoshi Sano[4]
   posted his mixed feelings about this JP merge complexity.

   Install disks solution for non-english languages? The same thread with
   the debian-devel@lists.debian.org. Akira YOSHIYAMA [5]told that the
   L10N of the installer was not reasonable because the 20MB of base
   archive would be required for each language.
   After that, Keita Maehara indicated that Adam Di Carlo have already
   understood this point <oa905vvbn7.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>. And
   Maehara also suggested the possibility to the I18N base-floppies by
   creating root image for each language.
   Anyway, the I18N of the base-floppies is quite important, and we are
   now looking for the person to contribute.

   [6]indices-jp/Maintainers cleanup thread was raised by the project
   leader, Fumitoshi UKAI.

   man-db-ja was [7]NMUed to fix the security hole by Fumitoshi UKAI.

   Discussion on the ML at Debian.or.jp

   An interesting [8]thread with MIME encoding of "Subject:" line.
   Sometimes, we Japanese want to use Japanese on the subject line of
   RFC822 email. However, there's several different implementation of
   RFC2047 and there's no standard way whether the Mailer permits the
   MIME encoded subject or not.

   The dict version of the Debian term translation table, English to
   Japanese, is now available from:
   [9]http://www.debian.or.jp/~oka/doc/trans_table/trans_table.dict.tar.g
   [10]Announced by Yoshizumi Endo.

   SGML document "Introduction to I18N" is available from:
   [11]http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/linuxwork/i18ndoc.html

   Debian JP References
     * [12]Debian JP Project Home
     * [13]Debian JP Administration Log
       Fumitoshi UKAI, the Debian JP Project Leader, has been taking time
       to summarize the JP administration log (in Japanese) as well as
       the discussion on the debian.org's ML (in English).

   Thanks a lot for the below contribution from Debian JP project:
   Debian-Doc News: Noriaki Matoi
   Proofread: NAKANO Takeo, Keita Maehara

    Editor: Katsura S. Yoshio <yoshio@debian.or.jp>