[debian-users:37159] Dynabook E5

フランス人です。でも、日本語を書きません。ほんとにごめんあさい。

So, recently, I bought a Dynabook E5. As it is a Japanese only PC, I write
here.
I installed Woody on it and upgrade to sarge (testing version) to make XFree
working. Anyway it's not working as well as I expected. Acutally, the 3D
support (DRM) is not activated, here my XFree86 log :

drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
drmOpenDevice: minor is 0
drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such device)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed
[drm] failed to load kernel module "i830"
(II) I810(0): [drm] drmOpen failed
(EE) I810(0): [dri] DRIScreenInit failed. Disabling DRI.

In addition, I have this modprobe error :
May 16 19:48:56 bimyou modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
char-major-226

Does this has a link ?

However, I compiled my kernel (2.4.20) including i830 module inside, here a
proof, extracted from dmesg :

Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 196M
agpgart: Detected an Intel 830M Chipset.
agpgart: detected 8192K stolen memory.
agpgart: AGP aperture is 128M @ 0xe8000000
memory : c22afda0

And, I have some problem to enable the PCMCIA support with kernel 2.4.20 :

Extract from daemon.log :

Apr 29 14:17:36 bimyou cardmgr[211]: starting, version is 3.1.33
Apr 29 14:17:36 bimyou cardmgr[211]: no pcmcia driver in /proc/devices
Apr 29 14:17:36 bimyou cardmgr[211]: exiting

So, if someone has a good kernel configuration and a XFree configuration
file for my conputer type, it would be great. In addition, do I have to
upgrade to unstable to see these too things working ?

One more time, I apologize for writing here in English (maybe somebody knows
French ???). I will make better next time ;-)

Thanks

Greg