英訳が煮詰まったところで,文書に名前の出ている やなぎはらさんに承認し
てもらう.
c.o.l.a のモデレーターにメールを出す.
もし,そのときPGP が必要だったら,あらためて,代理投稿者を募集します.
# まだ PGPがうまく動いていないため.

<199808252017.FAA12577@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>の記事において
masayuki_hatta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxさんは書きました。

>> こんにちは。八田です。
>>
>> PC-AT も TOWNS もキューハチも積んでるのはどうせ x86 だろうと私の訳では
>> 単に"i386 architecture" にしてしまいましたが如何?

あれ,海の向こうの認識では,x86 CPUのことではなく,
i386 architecture = IBM PC-AT 互換機です.
で,基本のVGAの異なる,TOWNS,PC98XXは,IBM PC-AT 互換機にはなりません.
# というか,あることすらほとんど知られてないんじゃないかな.

>> o Enhanced version of X Window System with TrueType font support
ちょっと,脚色がすぎません?
本体 version 番号自体は,XF86 を継承してます.

>> o Kinput2, the Kanji input server for X11
input method ですね.

>> You can easily beef up your Debian system by installing Hamm-JP!

beef up っておもしろいですね.知らなかった.

>> > X Window System with TrueType font support, libc6 with multibyte
>> > character support, ruby, kinput2, mgp, Japanized man-db and many other
>> > tools and utilities.
>> Libc6 について議論がありましたが、たてまえとしては Libc6 は Locale を
>> サポートし I18N されたことになってるのではありませんでしたか?
>> そういうことであらば、「改良」されたということにしたほうがいいかなと
>> 思い私の訳では"improved Japanese multibyte character support"
>> とかにしてみました。
>> Korean support も?

あまり憶測はかかないほうが良いかと.Korean suppot の件は,単に
multibyte character support で逃げましょう.

>> あと、日本産のソフトウェアは海外では知名度がゼロに等しいのでは?
>> と思い ruby, mgp などには簡単な説明を付け加えました。

これ,いいですね.

というわけで,かっこよくなった 英文 アナウンスです.

25 Aug 1998 12:00 +0900

Debian JP Packages for Debian2.0 (Hamm-JP) released!

Debian JP Project(*1) has officially released Debian JP Packages for
Debian2.0 (codename: Hamm-JP) for for the i386 and FM-TOWNS
architectures.

It can be obtained from:

	ftp://ftp.debian.or.jp/pub/linux/debian-jp/
	ftp://debian.softagency.co.jp/pub/debian-jp/

	For further particulars see http://www.debian.or.jp/Link.html

Hamm-JP is an add-on packages for Debian GNU/Linux 2.0(*2).
It entirely conforms to the Debian Free Software Guidelines(DFSG), which
guarantees Hamm-JP is 100% Free Software.

Hamm-JP contains over 210 precompiled binary packages, including:

o X Window System with TrueType font support
o Libc6 featuring improved multibyte character support
o Manual pager with Japanese support
o and many more!

Also it contains a lot of free softwares from Japan such as

o Ruby, a newly-developed object-oriented script language
o Kinput2, the Kanji input method for X11
o MagicPoint(mgp), a X11 based presentation tool
o and more!

You can easily beef up your Debian system by installing Hamm-JP!

For further information, please visit the Debian JP Project homepage.

	Debian JP Project	http://www.debian.or.jp/
	Debian Project		http://www.debian.org/

*1 Debian JP Project -

  We are Debian users and contributers in Japan, and our goal is:

  * To provide Japanized installer and assemble Japanized or Japanese-grown
    free softwares into Debian packages.
  * To make the Debian GNU/Linux Distribution popular in Japan.

  These packages developed by the Debian JP Project are released
  here as "beta release".  After they have been proven stable, those
  would be uploaded to the Debian GNU/Linux Project.

  We believe most of our packages are very useful even for non-Japanese
  speakers.

  Various Debian documentations written in or translated into Japanese
  are also available in our web site, so don't miss it!

*1 Debian GNU/Linux is a free Linux distribution from
Software in the Public Interest(SPI).  Latest is Debian GNU/Linux 2.0.

				         Debian JP Project Leader
					      Yoshiaki Yanagihara
                                       E-mail: yochi@debian.or.jp
                                                 yochi@debian.org