[debian-users:15678] Forward: internal ethernet

Hi,

Does anyone on this list knows about it?

--
Shuichi OONO

--- Begin Message ---
Hi there,

I am about to buy a SONY vaio PCG-Z505D(X) laptop (Japanese model). The
...DX version has a 'communications connector' that allows to directly
hook up to ethernet. How would I make potato talk ethernet to that
connector? I guess I need a device driver - and hope I am not going to be
told that this connector is a similar deal as winmodems are...

Not having bought the thing yet and being unable to communicate
efficiently with sales personnel over here in Japan, I unfortunately
cannot tell you more about the hardware.    :-(

Thanks for enlightenment, Kai

	Kai Martens		State University of New York at Stony Brook
				Department of Physics and Astronomy
	Kamioka Observatory
	456 Higashi-Mozumi		e-mail: kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
	Kamioka-cho			FAX:    +81-578-5-2121