[debian-users:27750] Hi! I would like to know more about Debian-JP!

Hi.

I am American. So I cannot read much Japanese.
But I want to be able to have as much support on my Debian system as possible
for Japanese Language so that I can more easily learn the language. This is my
goal.

Is there a set of modified Debian system configuration files that will set
everything up to be Japanized? Like having modified inittab to run Japanese
version of 'getty' or to run console apps or shells on virtual terminals after
log in to automatically display and accept input of Japanese?

It all seems SO OVERWHELMING to set up with so many different software
choices... I am quite adept at UNIX but I'm still overwhelmed... I don't know
where to begin.

Mainly I want to have as much as possible ready to run and go "out of the box"
so to speak. And then instructions how to use it... Instead of spending so many
many days and days of reading installation instructions, and then I have to go
and individually edit so MANY configuration files on the system... to make it
more Japanese friendly myself... I fear I might break something really...

Is there such a "configuration" choice, package, for examples that will have all
different, fully modified, and ready to go configurations of other packages on
system so that it will all interoperate well?

I have looked over Craig Oda's HOWTO... but it's got so much in there... and I
don't know how up to date it is.

Tasukette Kudasai!

I'm willing to have separate Linux installation just for this highly modified
Japanese version of Debian on a separate partition... 10GB. And then I know my
English version of Debian is ok... and I don't have fear of messing it up... as
I need it to work, just as is.

I would feel like I died and went to heaven if I could do install from floppies
that was all Japanese, and installed everything, with full Japanese
configuration files modifications, and all Japanese versions of softwares, that
are made to interoperate, and have best software choices for ease of use. Is
this possible?

Or is task-japanese in main Debian as close as I can get to this ideal?

Are there any apt-get sources that I could add to sources.list for anything like
this?

Arigatou.

Brock Lynn