[debian-users:27752] Re: Hi! I would like to know more about Debian-JP!

Konbanwa.

From: Brock <brock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [debian-users:27750] Hi! I would like to know more about Debian-JP!
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:57:46 +0900

> Hi.
>
> I am American. So I cannot read much Japanese.
> But I want to be able to have as much support on my Debian system as possible
> for Japanese Language so that I can more easily learn the language. This is my
> goal.
>
> Is there a set of modified Debian system configuration files that will set
> everything up to be Japanized? Like having modified inittab to run Japanese
> version of 'getty' or to run console apps or shells on virtual terminals after
> log in to automatically display and accept input of Japanese?

Brock-san, simply exec below:

	# apt-get install task-japanese

as root account.
It's a meta-package for installing Japanized applications full-set.

After installed, exec below:

	$ user-ja-conf

as user account.
You'll get Japanized user configuration files.

Have fun! :-)
--
MATSUDA Yoh-ichi(yoh)
mailto:matsuda@xxxxxxxxxxxx