[debian-users:35420] Re: help to install japanese on debian 3.0

>> 1) My wife is Japanese so I wanted to create an account for her with
>> everything in Japanese
>> but the KDE menu section for languages proposes only C and Chinese.
>> I created all the locales with locales-gen but it did not change.
>> Is there a way to have KDE in Japanese ?
>
>There is a Debian package to automate language setting, called
>language-env.  I'm not sure about whether language-env can work with
>KDE, though, because I don't use KDE.  language-env comes with
>detailed documentation and general tips for using Japanese on Debian.
>After installing language-env, look to /usr/share/doc/language-env

 Yes, language-env is so good for automated Japanese language
 setting, but not for KDE environment I think.
 for Debian KDE environment in Japanese, need to install
 "kde-i18n-ja" package. let's apt-get install kde-i18n-ja.

 for details, apt-get show kde-i18n-ja.

--
Hideki Yamane mailto:henrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx