[debian-users:56580] Question: install Wheezy to some laptops (radeon video) _without any effort_

Hi,

 I want you to ask help for Wheezy installation for some laptops, like
 my Thinkpad x121e (note: it's not for me but for other future users).

 It has radeon video and it causes problem, and it can be fixed as note
 in Debian Wiki(*)

 *) http://wiki.debian.org/InstallingDebianOn/Thinkpad/X121e%28AMD%29/wheezy

>Important Note
>
> The radeondrmfb module may crash the display if firmware-linux-nonfree
> is not installed. You can try booting single-user (a.k.a. rescue) mode
> to install it. If that does not work add "radeon.modeset=0" to the kernel
> parameters.

 Yes, we can avoid this situation by adding kernel parameter, but it's
 bit difficult for average users, and when they'll try it, they cannot
 find this information with any search engines, probably.

 # adding such warning to release note would be help, but most of them
   _still_ wouldn't read (sign.) it and would complain as Wheezy is not
   usable... I can imagine it easily ;)

 My question is "How to avoid such terrible accident by default?"
  - add warning to release note is good thing
  - but it is not complete solution
  - most of users want to use Wheezy Out-of-Box, so it'd be better to
    seek such solution

 (Please add me to CC. I don't subscribe this list)

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
 http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane