Re: News/weekly/2007/05/index.wml

いまいです。

From: Kazuhiro NISHIYAMA <zn_at_mbf.nifty.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 17:59:55 +0900

> >     &mdash; Daemon to lock files into RAM.</li>
> >     &mdash; 重要なシステムファイルをメモリ内に確保するデーモン。
>
> s/重要なシステムファイル/ロックファイル/ ?

Package: memlockd
 When a system starts paging excessively it may be impossible for the sysadmin
 to login for the purpose of killing the runaway processes (sometimes the
 login program times out due to thrashing).  Memlockd allows important system
 files (such as /bin/login, /bin/getty, and the admin shell) to be locked in
 memory so that there will be no delay in accessing executable pages.  In my
 tests this can decrease the time required for the administrator to login on a
 thrashing system by a factor of more than 3.

なので、ちょっと意訳ですが元のままでいいかな、と思います。

その他は取り込みました。ありがとうございます。
--
Nobuhiro IMAI <nov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Key fingerprint = F39E D552 545D 7C64 D690  F644 5A15 746C BD8E 7106