[debian-devel:17327] Re: ttf-togoshi-gothic_20071218-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

Hi Joerg and other ftpmasters,

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 15:17:01 +0000
Joerg Jaspert <ftpmaster@debian.org> wrote:
> rejected, the license is not ok for main or contrib. Probably
> discussion with upstream helps to make it free, but right now non-free
> would be your only option.

 I want to ask you, ttf-kochi-{gothic,mincho} is in main for several years,
 and it is same license as rejected ttf-togoshi-gothic.

 ttf-togoshi upstream author made ttf-togochi-gothic not from scrach, it is
 based on wadalab-gothic, ttf-kochi-gothic is based on this, so he want stay
 it as same license as ttf-kochi-gothic/wadalab-gothic.

 So, what should I do to make it "ok for main or contrib"? If you tell me
 the point, I'll do it so.

 # ...and Some Japanese Debian users ask me -
   "when can I use it with apt-get/aptitude?" ;) haha

 Rejected license is here.

  The license of original Wadalab Gothic translation in English:
>       If you as an individual use the distribution as font as
>       such, or convert it, there is no necessity to inform
>       the Wadalab group. But in case you redistribute it, we
>       request you kindly to forward a note to
>       ftp.ipl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp
>       with the additional information of what has been altered.
>       At that location we also plan to store the upgrade,
>       to give the user the possibility to receive always
>       the latest version.
>
>       In case you want to point out mistakes in the outline
>       of Kanjis or are not satisfied with the poor design,
>       please do not hesitate to contact
>       tanaka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 We can freely use it, sale it, buy it, redistribute it and modify it.
 Any problems? If you think "But in case you redistribute it, we
 request you kindly to forward a note to ftp.ipl.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp"
 will cause problem, it is mis-translation, I think. Original
 wadalab Japanese License says that "please note what has been altered"
 only, I think.

 If it is the problem that caused this rejection, I'll check the
 ttf-kochi license again with other Japanese Debian and other FLOSS
 developers, then fix ttf-kochi and ttf-togoshi license.
 What do you think about this?

--
Regards,

 Hideki Yamane     henrich @ debian.or.jp/iijmio-mail.jp