[Debian Weekly News Draft1] Debian JP News 1999/9/27 - 1999/10/3

芳尾です。

DWN の Draft1 です。よろしかったらご査読ください。HTML のフォーマット
がまたちょっと変わっています。<b> タグをつかってトピックをハイライト表
示させるようにしました。

HTML バージョンは以下から入手できます。

http://www2.osk.3web.ne.jp/~shishamo/debian/trans/djwn/wn100299.html

ご指摘や追加アイテムはお気軽に私まで。

---------------
                     Debian JP Weekly 9/27/99 - 10/3/1999

   This is the recent news [9/27/1999 - 10/3/1999] from Debian JP
   project. Project. The prefix below such as debian-users, debian-devel,
   debian-doc and jp-policy indicates the ML on the debian.or.jp
   respectively.
     * [1]JP Merge Operation (continued)
     * [2]Other Discussion on the ML at Debian.or.jp
     * [3]Debian JP References

                        JP Merge Operation (continued)

   Install disks solution for non-english languages? The same thread with
   the debian-devel@lists.debian.org. Akira YOSHIYAMA [4]indicated the
   L10N of the installer without discarding base archive is rather funny
   than reasonable because the 20MB of base archive would be required for
   each language. The I18N of the base-floppies is quite important and we
   are now looking for the person to contribute.

   To differ 'Just gettextized' -ja fork package from the true upstream
   fork package like jnethack is quite difficult. Jnethack is no more
   than just a forked package and this is another tree from the upstream
   like XEmacs for Emacs. We are in the mixed mood to treat this matter.
   The freeze timing is before your very eyes, however the upstream merge
   is ideal way to contribute the free software world. Taketoshi Sano[5]
   posted his mixed feelings about this JP merge complex.

   [6]indices-jp/Maintainers cleanup thread is raised by the project
   leader, Fumitoshi UKAI.

   [7]NMUed man-db-ja to fix the security hole done by Fumitoshi UKAI.

                     Discussion on the ML at Debian.or.jp

   Some interesting [8]thread with MIME encoding on the Subject line.
   Sometimes, we Japanese want to use Japanese on the subject line of
   RFC822 email. However, there's several different implementation of
   RFC2047 and there's no standard about Do/Don't MIME encode subject.

   The dict version of Debian term translation table English to Japanese
   is available. The translation table is retrievable from the below.
   [9]http://www.debian.or.jp/~oka/doc/trans_table/trans_table.dict.tar.g

   I18N introduction SGML document is available from the below.
   [10]http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/linuxwork/i18ndoc.html

                             Debian JP References

     * [11]Debian JP Project Home
     * [12]Debian JP Administration Log
       Fumitoshi UKAI, the Debian JP Project Leader, has been taking time
       to summarize the JP administration log (in Japanese) as well as
       the discussion on the debian.org's ML (in English).

   Thanks a lot for the below contribution from Debian JP project:
   Debian-Doc News: Noriaki Matoi
   Proofread:

    Editor: Katsura S. Yoshio <yoshio@debian.or.jp>