[debian-users:27839] Re: Email Howto?

	Brock writes:

B> Does kmail support Japanese? What is a recommended email client?

I don't know kmail supporting Japanese. If you like GUI MUA,
you might as well use Sylpheed.
http://packages.debian.org/unstable/mail/sylpheed.html
http://sylpheed.good-day.net/index.cgi.en

B> And how to I go about typing romaji and have it converted to Kana/Kanji?
B> XFree86.

Type [Shift]+[Space]. When you find some Japanese character
by  doing  it, type  "haru"  and  [Space]  for  converting.
If you  can't convert anything,  kinput2 or cannaserver is
not running.

kniput2 is a program that take a conversation with converting
programs on X Window System and cannasever is one of Japanese
converting program.

FYI, on TLUG ( Tokyo Linux Users Group )  mailing  list, we
have  discussion  about Linux in English.  Many subscribers
on TLUG  mailing list  use  Debian as Japanese environment.
So,  you can get more information immediately in that list.

TLUG: http://www.tlug.gr.jp/

	Susumu Takuwa