Re: DWN - March 7th, 2000

佐野です。

In article <200003160334.MAA27420@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
  at Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:35:01 +0900,
    on DWN - March 7th, 2000,
 Hiroshi KISE <fuyuneko@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> 3月7日のDebian Weekly Newsの翻訳です。チェックをお願いします。
> 理解できずに適当に処理した部分は、行の頭に“??”を入れています。

御苦労さまです。

> <b>プロジェクトリーダ選挙、数日で締切</b>。忘れずに

> # 今週号によれば、締め切りまで(この原文の発行日から)数日というのは
> # 間違いで、(今回の発行日から)まだ数日あるそうです。

 devel-announce に結果が流れましたね。

> | <b>Two new ways to show people Debian in action:</b>
> ?? <b>Debian で活動していることを示す 2 つの新しい方法:</b>

これは遠藤さんの訳に賛成。

「実際に動いている Debian」という感じなんでしょうね。

> | <li>Install Debian wherever you go with the latest version of LinuxCare's
> | which allows installation of the Debian base system, right off the mini-CD.
> <ul>
> ?? <li>LinuxCare の
> ?? <a href="http://www.linuxcare.com/bootable_cd/";>Bootable Business Card (起動用名刺)</a>
> ?? の最新バージョンで,どこでも Debian の基本システムをインストールできます。
>
> # きっと名刺型のCD-ROMなんでしょう。

 LinuxCare の Web を見ると、ただのシングル CD-ROM らしいです。

  Bootable Business Card

    WELCOME!

    version 1.2

    Welcome to the Linuxcare Bootable Business Card, version
    1.2. You can use this mini-CD-ROM to boot and access
    most, if not all, of the resources available on your system
    even when you can't get your system to boot from its hard
    disk. We've provided a reasonably large set of applications
    that you can use to:

    (a) repair a broken system
    (b) recover a lost system from backup
    (c) save important information to a floppy
    (d) boot any computer as a basic Linux system

    Additionally, you can use software included here to

    (e) install the Debian GNU/Linux base system onto a
    computer's hard drive

(snip)

    BOOTING AND LOGGING IN

    Place the CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive. On most
    modern CD-ROM drives, there is an indent for mini-CDs
    (also known as CD singles), and this CD-ROM should fit
    perfectly into this groove.

--
     # (わたしのおうちは浜松市、「夜のお菓子」で有名さ。)
    <kgh12351@xxxxxxxxxxx> : Taketoshi Sano (佐野 武俊)