[debian-users:17714] [Debian Weekly News] Debian JP News 1999/8/31 - 1999/9/5

芳尾です。
Debian Weekly News への Contribute 原稿です。以下のようなものを
Debian.org の Joey Hess に送りました。
critical || grave な BUG がございましたら教えてください。

よろしくお願いします。

------ from here ---------

Debian JP Weekly 8/31/1999 - 9/05/1999

This is the recent news [8/31/1999 - 9/05/1999] from Debian JP Project. The prefix
below such as debian-users, debian-devel, debian-doc and jp-policy indicates the ML on
the debian.or.jp respectively.

  * Discussion on the ML at Debian.or.jp
  * JP Merge Operation (continued)
  * ITP to Debian JP
  * Debian JP References

Discussion on the ML at Debian.or.jp

  * [debian-devel:10222] Re: Fw: Debian-JP discussions; lets wrap this up

      + Masayuki Hatta posted the translation of Wichert's summary about JP merge. Some
        discussion was forked from Debian.org to Debian JP :) Here I try to summarize
        the discussion:

          o The way of Wichert is reasonable and good.
          o Requirements for "fork" is unclear. The most difficult point is: "When can
            we fork and create -ja package?"
          o I can't read the code of the patch so I'm afraid I can't judge whether it's
            a real I18N package or just a L10N one.

        In general, positive opinion is outstanding, I think.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00019.html

  * [debian-devel:10269] Re: ASCII24

      + Taketoshi Sano followed the previous week's Web published issue by ASCII,
        Japan. He contacted directly to Wichert, and received really a polite answer
        about the source of the issue. In summary, the reporter of ASCII had
        misunderstood what Wichert wanted to say. We are about to start to correct that
        article with the editor of that web magazine .
        Reference:http://www2.osk.3web.ne.jp/~shishamo/debian/trans/djwn/wn083099.html

        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00065.html

  * [debian-doc: 01264] japanese manual in CVS

      + For coming potato, NABETANI Hidenobu suggested that Debian-JP should start the
        renewal of various documentation related to Debian, particularly dpkg-doc-ja.
        It seems better to create the CVS repository for Japanese Manual on Debian.org
        rather than on Debian-JP. He said he would propose it to Debian.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-doc/199909/msg00002.html

  * [debian-users:17690] Re: emacs20_20.4 deb

      + Takuro KITAME packaged Emacs 20.4 privately. You can get it from the below.
        deb http://www.debian.or.jp/~kitame/debs/emacs20.4/ ./

        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-users/199909/msg00076.html

  * [debian-devel: 10276] I18N Document (Re: Tcl/ja/Tk-ja ...)

      + Tomohiro KUBOTA have just started to write a documentation about I18N basic to
        let Debian maintainers to inform the I18N programming basic. At first Japanese
        version would be done and then it will translate to English. "Release fast and
        Release often" policy would be adapted:)
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00073.html

  * [debian-users:17651] Japanese input and Japanese menu at gimp

      + Yukihito ENOKIDA posted the summary how to make it the possible to input
        Japanese with GIMP. The upstream patch maintainer said that he really
        understood the requirement to Japanized GIMP but he hesitates to merge his
        patch to upstream because the I18N policy of the patch slightly differ from the
        policy of GIMP1.2. Gettext would be employed to I18N on GIMP 1.2, hence the
        current patch is effective only on current GIMP 1.0. BTS #44134.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-users/199909/msg00037.html

  * [debian-users:17605] netscape 461 japanese

      + On potato, Netscape 4.6-11 seems not to show the Japanese correctly on top of
        the button or menu item. The cause of this phenomenon seems to be the change
        of the Netscape binary to libc5 version in the Netscape Debian package from
        4.6-10.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-users/199908/msg00445.html

  * [debian-users:17643] eth0 problem on Mebius (Debian 2.1)

      + It was reported that Sharp Mebius PC-PJ1-M3, a fine Japanese sub-note PC, had
        a problem in PCMCIA recognition. To Turn off the Plug-and-Play function at BIOS
        setup make PCMCIA work well.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-users/199909/msg00029.html

  * [debian-users:17630] Bug#JP/985: libft-perl: wrong dependency

        Takuo KITAME intent to NMU of the libft-perl that fixed the Dependency bug
        "Depends: perl5 (>=5.005.03-2)"
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-users/199909/msg00016.html

JP Merge Operation (continued)

  * [debian-devel:10205] about update of jvim

      + Taketoshi Sano talked with Wichert about the treatment of the I18N patch of
        VIM. The author of the JVIM patch intent to contact with the upstream author
        of VIM.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00002.html

  * [debian-devel:10243] slang1-ja

      + Kikutani Makoto reported the complexity of the slang1-ja package. I've heard
        that the upstream author is not so positive to merge JP patch to upstream. As
        the results of that the JP patch is total 5000 lines.(??) Kikutani sent this
        patch to Vincent Renardias and slang1 maintainer. Vincent seems to start merge
        this patch. Thanks a lot for your help.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00040.html

  * [debian-devel:10258] mhplus

      + MHPLUS project is there in Japan.
        http://www.chem.eng.himeji-tech.ac.jp/~hayashi/internet/mh-plus.html
        A large patch including BUG fixes around autoconf and others. However, the
        upstream maintain of MH has been stopped since 1993. It would deserve to be
        included. http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/
        msg00055.html

  * Subject: [debian-devel:10191] [JP Merge Operation] user-ja

      + Tomohiro KUBOTA asked Taketoshi Sano to upload upgraded user-ja package to
        Debian. He has been waiting to register to be a Debian official maintainer.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199908/msg00219.html

  * [debian-devel:10201] blackbox-ja

      + Shall we go merge jp patch to blackbox?
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199908/msg00229.html

  * [debian-devel:10210] fvwm95-ja merge

      + Kenshi Muto express the appreciation to Debian maintainer of fvwm95.
        http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00007.html

ITP to Debian JP

This section reports the JP member's ITP to Debian JP. Non-Debian developer of Debian
JP member has no way to ITP to Debian.

  * [debian-devel:10262] Intent To Package qkc
    QKC is the Quick KANJI code Converter.
    http://www.debian.or.jp/Lists-Archives/debian-devel/199909/msg00059.html

Debian JP References

  * Debian JP Project Home
  * Debian JP Administration Log
    Fumitoshi UKAI, the Debian JP Project Leader, has been taking time to summary the
    JP administration log (in Japanese) and good summary of the discussion on the
    debian.org's ML (in English).

Thanks a lot for the below contribution from Debian JP project:
debian-doc news: Noriaki Matoi
Proofread: NAKANO Takeo, Tomohiro KUBOTA

Editor: Katsura S. Yoshio <yoshio@debian.or.jp>

------ until here ---------

ではでは。 ---- Yours, K.S.Yoshio
                mailto:shishamo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                http://www2.osk.3web.ne.jp/~shishamo
Key fingerprint = 3C 3C 1C E6 B1 65 53 58  A3 B3 6A ED BA E4 54 52